The summer months are approaching and I wanted to one again announce that I will be hosting a Self-Portrait Workshop in June of this year, exact date will soon be released.
Self-Portrait Workshop Class Outline
- a personal and open discussion on self-portraiture
- my beginnings, practice and workflow
- Inspiration, (artists that inspire me and why)
- history of the self-portrait
- presentation/discussion of iconic self-portrait artists from the past
- presentation/discussion of iconic self-portrait artists of the present
- open thoughts on creating self-portraiture (healing, self-love, creativity, experimentation)
- open discussion with participants on their views on self-portraiture
- timers and technology
- ways to achieve focus
- working with light,(studio lighting/natural light), setting your mood
*a variety of props will be available for use and for inspiration. Participants are welcome to bring their own selective props to use or share*
*this will be the time for participants to prep their mind, ideas and approach for their self-portraits*
Creative self-portrait time! Participants can create as many self-portraits as time will allow.
*Objectives: a single self-portrait, a series of cohesive self-portraits , separate individual self-portraits containing a different theme and vibe*
- End discussion and clean up
Stay connected to receive future updates about this workshop.