For those of you who are living in Montreal,(Canada), and are film photographers I thought I would list some resources that may prove to be helpful to you. You may already be aware of what I have listed but I have only found out about most of them recently as I was one who purchased strictly from B&H due to the prices, affordable shipping and to what they had available. In the past I have ordered from other online stores such as Freestyle Photographic, KEH, Pictoriographica and Stearman Press LLC, (to name a few), and when the product arrived I had to deal with outlandish costs on duty and taxes.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of products that I still will not be able to purchase due to where I am located but knowing more than one resource can definately keep things in motion. Where one resource may not have another resource just might. Still, for some things I would like to purchase I double-take on as I dread to know what I will have to pay on duties and taxes.
In no particular order:
- Beau Photo Supplies/ 110-1401 W. 8th Ave · Vancouver, B.C.
- Downtown Camera/ 55 Queen Street East, Suite 120, Toronto,Ontario
- Buy Film Canada/ Order online/local pick up, Toronto, Ontario
- Argentix/ 344 Principale Racine, Quebec
- Canadian Film Lab
- Borealis Laboratoire Photo Inc/ 4600a Avenue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville, Montréal, QC
- GPC Labworks/ 273 Bank St Ottawa, On. K2P 1X5, Canada
- Le Studio Arentique/ 355 RACHEL E. MONTREAL, QC
- Camtec Photo/ 495 McGill St, Montreal, QC & 26 Notre-Dame St. East, Montreal, QC
- Camera Traders/ 110-560 Johnson St, Victoria, BC
- Henry’s/ 119 Church Street Toronto, Ontario
- West Camera/ 514 Queen St. West Toronto, ON
- Lozeau/ 6229 St Hubert St, Montreal, QC
- PhotoTek Canada/ 113 AVE DU MONT-ROYAL WEST MONTREAL , QC
- Photo Service/ 222 Notre-Dame St W, Montreal
If you are a film photographer living in Canada and can share some other resources such as the ones above, please do not hesitate to share them down below.