I have been inspired by the cyanotype process! I have been experimenting with old images wanting to see how things worked. I love it.
Here is a little sneak peek for yah:
As you can see the first one came out a little wacky…although I still find it kind of interesting 🙂
On my first attempt, I had used a black light and after an hour..nothing appeared! Initially I thought that maybe I did not make the formula correctly and decided to research online, (once again), and I came across a forum where there was a discussion on people using work lights. Without hesitation, I took out one of my work lights that I had bought almost a year ago and placed it about 1 foot away and timed for about 45 minutes. Voila!
I used studio watercolor paper by Fabriano,( hot press 25% cotton). It is suggested to use 100 % cotton paper, but since I was just testing out the whole process, I did not want to spend too much money on my first attempts.
Now that I have had a chance to play a little, I have decided to go for the more expensive paper, Fabriano or Arches hot or cold press 100% cotton.
Within the next few months I will posting some new creative work with this awesome process, stay tuned!